Saturday, June 19, 2010

[7]

6/10/2010
Apparently people here think limes are yellow and lemons are green... unless, of course, they play restaurant city. Then they know.

6/11/2010
Rather dislike being called shy. It's not that I'm scared to speak, it's just that I'm terrible at thinking of things to say... even more so in chinese. I disliked being called shy so much today that i ended up making it a point to make the effort to talk more and am now much more comfortable with my coworkers.

6/12/2010
Went to the Taipei Underground for real today. In the US if I see something decent for $5, I buy it. Here, there's whole stores of decent clothing under $5... I initially had to stop myself from compulsive buying. Taiwan must be the only place I've been where I actually "crave" shopping because it's so affordable and everything fits! Not a big fan of the pants sizing; everything only comes in three sizes: S, M, L. Also not a big fan of shop owners following me around while I shop, giving suggestions, pushing stuff in my face, and encouraging me to buy. Used to shopping in peace in the US with help offered if needed.

Shida Night Market. Snowflake Ice. Nom nom.

6/15/2010
Tempted to never take the bus on a Tuesday again. The driver gets on my nerves, makes for a very long half hour drive.

6/18/2010
Sushi! Paid for by mahjong money. (Not my mahjong money)

6/19/2010
Sort've mind boggling seeing international students back in their natural habitat.

Huashan Creative Park (Preserved historical structures. Originally abandoned warehouses/factory that were used for wine production during Japanese occupation, this area was later discovered by artists and thespians and reoccupied for its tall open spaces.):


I need a place to put a potted plant... hey look, i'll just cut off the top of this tree and then it can have a stand! :




Outside Huashan on my way to food. Sign made of circuit boards announcing the beginning of the Bade Shopping District. Whole street just selling electronics. There's also a shoes street and camera street somewhere... saw the book street today too:

Another random building that caught my attention for being outside of the Taiwanese norm. (Not the orange one, the one next to it):

3 comments:

  1. lol @ your Restaurant City crack. What is Snowflake Ice? (is that like a snow cone?)

    I have been in A2 all weekend and am leaving today after we do Melting Pot, Shalimar, and see Toy Story 3 @ Quality 16. Donna, Elyssa, Gita, and I are going to Shalimar, and all of us except Gita are going to MP. (she has a train home to catch)

    ReplyDelete
  2. snowflake ice is like homemade snow in a bowl with milk and either sweet syrups or various other sweet toppings, usually a type of sweet bean. So not as crunchy as a snow cone but more tasty ;p in my opinion.

    (sort of like that shaved ice casey used to buy?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie - but yeah. Sounds good :).

    ReplyDelete