Friday, May 28, 2010

需要學中文~ [2]

Forgot to add the video in the last post:


Haven't taken any photos since arriving in Taipei. Camera was in my suitcase unpacked the first day when most of the family happenings occurred.


5/25/2010
7pm MSG kicks my butt. Mom tells me maybe i shouldn't eat out at all due to my allergy. To be in Taiwan and just eat home-cooked stuff would be a sad situation. I shall eat out and endure the pain.


5/26/2010 Taipei
4pm Feeling much more at home here with the Mandarin speakers.

6pm Fixed Price dinner at a rather nice restaurant with all the Taipei relatives. Menu reading is going to be a problem. Made it even harder to have to pick the six different courses.

10pm Everyone over after dinner. Aunt made me take the English portion of the test the students have to take to see what high schools they can get into, said I would get a spanking if I got anything wrong. No spanking. They put the exam questions and answers in the paper. Seemed odd.


5/27/2010 Orientation
10am Took the bus to my work place to make sure I don't get lost when I start next week. Tried to remember all the surroundings so I would know when to get off the bus. Everything looks the same. Realizing how much being able to read is part of the way I orient myself.

12pm 湯包 'soup buns'. One of my favorites.


5/28/2010
Cousin mostly keeps himself shut in his room playing computer games. Wonder if I'll even get to know him before the end of the summer.

10am Went to contemporary dance class with my aunt. Was fun. After growing up in a home where dancing was not permissible, (conservative Chinese family within a conservative Chinese community) I'm mostly terrified of dancing because I don't know how. Much easier when nobody around knows me.

12pm Taipei Market. The spring rolls here are quite different from spring rolls I ever had in the US. Soft crepe-like wrapper.

6pm Clam chowder?

8pm Learning new facts about my mom's childhood. Enlightening.


5/29/2010
11am This mosquito needs to stop biting me or die.

No comments:

Post a Comment